Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm dreaming of a white christmas

myspacemyspacemyspacemyspace

It snowed!!! For real!! as in more than 30 seconds and a LOT more than tiny flecks of ice that u can barely see....omigodomigodomigod!teehee....I sound like a kid at a carnival...

.

There I was, getting ready for a little nap before dinner...happened to glance at the little weatherbox on my desktop and I saw cartoon snowflakes...opened my curtains and I saw these pretty little silvery cotton-candy pieces drifting outside my window..grabbed my camera and keys and ran outside..didnt bother with a jacket or gloves..didnt want to risk missing it lest it turned out to be another 30 second episode..

.

From the cold gentle tickle everytime a tiny speck touched my face to watching the snow flakes melt almost instantly against the black of my shirt: the feeling of awe, wonder and a strange exhilaration.....I haven't felt this happy in a long long time....And if I listened really really carefully, I could hear the snow fall.....a delicate pitter patter as each flake hit the ground.......It was surreal ...i didnt even feel the cold......just stood there for the longest time, trying to catch snowflakes with my tongue, taking long deep breaths.....even the air smelt so much fresher...a little like what u would expect after a heavy rain, but better :)

.

Must have stood outside for an hour.....had anyone been around, it would've been quite an amusing sight for them: this lone figure skipping around the middle of the courtyard in nothing but a thin shirt and slippers...hehe...I say middle of the courtyard because that was where it looked the prettiest..to me at least..a tall orange lamp surrounded by a ring of short shrubs, the tops dusted a glittery white, so that when I stand at just the right angle, the right amount of light hits the snow as it's floating down, and by God...it is a picture of serenity, of tranquility and of everything I've ever wanted Christmas to be........and the best thing was, I skipped, I danced..or at least tried to...I sang, and absolutely no one was around to care......damn I felt free, and damn it felt good..

.

took some pictures, but none of them did the scene any justice...flash or no flash ...could be my photography skills need honing..but who gives:P.....waited for the snow to coat the ground enough...started scraping the fluffy bits of ice together and packing them into balls....found some twigs and stuck them on....*grins like a little girl*...I made my first snowbaby!!.....there wasn't enough snow to make a 'fully-grown' snowman, but my snowbaby was good enough..even gave it a little hat---well, a little twig with some leaves.....I call it snowbaby fashion, dahling;)

.

And then I felt a little pathetic building a snowman alone so I went in..albeit reluctantly :P....Now that I'm actually indoors...I desperately need a hot bath...freezing my ass off...so much for being cultured..hehe

Image hosting by Photobucket

at 6:06 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Hong Chan Lee said...

snow is over-rated.
when i was about 4, i built a snowman with my dad, brought it up home in to the balcony, it was gone the next morning. Indeed, i was very sad.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cursors