Thursday, January 12, 2006

Still standing

Dr. Noble: So if the atmosphewic pressure is 100, and the alveolar ventilation rate is 4000;given
the CO2 production is 200ml, what is the partial pwessure of CO2?
Medic : 5
Dr.Noble : And how did u arrive at that figure, dear sir?
Medic : I guessed it
Dr. Noble : ......Sometimes I go home so depwessed..sighh..

After laughing with the cute round man who is my professor..I couldn't help wondering if there wasn't a hint of genuine dismay in that last statement of his...It can't be easy walking into a lecture theatre of 209 medical students who are barely awake at 9 am and trying to get our attention while drilling impossible figures and bacterial shapes into us...admit it..despite what the brochures say about 'fresh young minds'..most of us have sludge for brains until our 9.40 caffeine fix....or I could speak for myself:S

Can't be easy making a joke in a lecture theatre that you must have rehearsed in front of the mirror and anyone who would listen.. only to have us stare and blink for about 5 seconds until the bloddy kiss-arses in front decide to force amused chuckles--may they choke and die, God Bless their souls..

Must be hard to rush all the way from the General Hospital to Boldrewood for the last lecture on a Friday afternoon only to find 9 students left in a lecture theatre that could seat 500 comfortably....in my defence..it was Public Health and my shoes were killing me

Point is....it must seem to be the most disheartening job at times especially when someone's reading a paper behind your class..and yet on top of rushing to emergencies at different hospitals on different days, these people are willing to set time aside so that maybe someday we may decide to be as great as they now are.......or is making us graduate and leading us to a lifestyle they're only too familiar with the ultimate revenge....haha...damn it's a vicious cycle..

on a completely unrelated topic..I have survived 13 lectures and a 4 hour clinical symposium in 3 days...i feel like popping champagne and shooting myself at the same time

Image hosting by Photobucket

at 3:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cursors