Sunday, January 01, 2006

A toast to 2005

I'm not one for sentimental expressions of any kind...at least not in public..but reading Prasad's blog (that and being the only person left in Connaught) got me thinking about the past 12 months...

Funny thing is, try as I might, there are no individual events that strike a chord because everything, however improbable and seemingly irrelevant, was inextricably linked.......never knew this amount of drama to exist anywhere outside badly directed Singaporean soap operas that my mother and sister are unfortunately addicted to :p

Given the amount of shit that has happened, however, I have yet to regret anything...because the time spent with the people who stuck with me is something I would not trade for the world..(throw in a Chanel bag, I might reconsider;) ) So to gay best friends and fellow emcees*; boarding houses; Monday Night Meetings; my Irinah girls, especially the 5 of you; late night pasta and maggie parties; lava lamps and chillout music; Mamak in Mantin; roundings ending with conferences at the surau; The Zone; attention seeking watches; box cars; a certain Singaporean proctor and so much more......here's to making 2005 the best time I've ever had :)
*there's only one such person, and he's not gay..hehe

It's almost dreamlike though..the whole idea of working your whole life for that one phone call....after which the flurry of activity while preparing for a new life so to speak kind of drowns out any doubts or questions one might have...until one day, you sit down and realize you've finished your first term of medical school....and there is just no turning back...do I like this life I've chosen?..I suppose..do I ever wish I'd made a different choice? all the time...but again, it all boils down to human nature doesnt it,..we all want what we can't have....
c'est la vie..nothing wrong with dreaming of what could've been..

I was supposed to go for a party an hour ago but I decided not to at the last minute...antisocial? perhaps...perhaps as a salute to the past 19 years,I simply want to cherish these last 3 hours and savour memories of days gone by...or perhaps after a boarding house of 70 girls, a home where everyone has the key to everything and a house of 15 odd girls who are rarely sober, I just need some alone time to do some quiet reflection and to give 2005 the send off it deserves.

Image hosting by Photobucket

at 4:35 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cursors