Sunday, May 21, 2006

Beauty and the Geek

www.medschoolsonline.co.uk

First up, a BIG thank you to those who cared enough to sign the petition....I got sick of revision so I went to the website and combed the list for familiar names.....wahaha...but yea...means a lot that you took the trouble and rest assured that the next time you have one for me to sign, I will do so at least 3 times under 3 different e-mail adresses ..so *HUGS*.....even if I did force Clement to sign it...but hey..I can only bring the cow to the water:P

Been blog-hopping the last few days....and for some reason every single blog I came acoss mentioned debate tourneys and public speaking competitions in some way or the other......granted debates were never really my thing...nay..I didnt get a chance to make it my thing because I'm a self-centred brat who hates the idea of sharing my glory and not getting to keep the trophy......or so says the teacher who never really took to me...:P

No, Public speaking was more my forte....and how I loved it...the butterflies in the stomach when you first arrive at the venue, checking out the competition and have the competition sass you out, fully aware that they are up against the defending champion, the tingle you feel when they call out your name and the title of your prepared speech,the adrenaline rush on stage, and coming off stage and having everyone stare at you and knowing that deep down they're going.."shit".....then there's being cooped up in the quarantine room, peeling of the sheet of paper to reveal the impromptu title, the 4 minutes to come up with something engaging and relevant and most importantly, memorable....and to have people come up to you during the interval quoting something you just made up 4 minutes ago........I'm not even going to attempt to be modest....I was good at what I did...and by God I miss it.......

I've lost my edge...my need to compete and win....could it be that I'm finally satisfied and fully secure? that I no longer need the validation that comes with being National Champion at the age of 10?......hardly....I still get kicks out of any chance to adress a roomful of people...even if it is just describing my baby's feeding habits to my GP....but the drive is gone....and I dont know if it's in hibernation...or gone for good....and that uncertainty bugs me...

Image hosting by Photobucket

at 8:26 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cursors