Thursday, May 04, 2006

Shou

I remember once when my friend was complaining of drowsiness...I told her to take a cold shower. She gave me a look that was nothing short of sheer mortification and said:" Jade luv, you are either very crazy or very sadistic"......I found out why today.
It was 17 degrees outside, bloody stuffy and for some reason I don't quite get..I decided to do a 45-minute late-afternoon workout...made sense at the time...
I ended up sweating like a pig and as any idiot from a tropical country would, decided to take a cold shower...
But you see, water here doesnt work like it does in Malaysia where an outer temperature of 37 degrees pretty much parboils the pipes..and then cools down while you lather and condition..I got in, turned the shower on full blast......and cursed everyone and everything within a 5-mile radius.....

Housemate flings the door open and rushes in: Omigod Jade are you hurt?

Me..still cursing and near tears: no no..not hurt..

Housemate: are u sure? what happened?

Me:......I uh....I tried taking a cold shower....*secretly wants to dig a tunnel back to Malaysia"

Housemate: ...*silence*..........i see.......*hysterical laughter*...

that's the last time I ever try that again...it was like the time Yi put an ice cube down my shirt..only a hundred ice-cubes worse.....at least my housemate was sweet enough to wait outside just to make sure.....after she told half the house of course..

I saw a patient last week...and the first thing she said was " My, what lovely cold hands you have"....." All the better to percuss your chest with my dear, wahaha"...nola..I was so tempted to but my G.P was in the room....and now we know why medics dont write fairy-tales..

It's not the first time someone's commented on my hands...their lack of warmth anyway....which is odd...I didn't use to be like this...there was a time when everytime it rained, or we were in a cold room...everyone would crowd around me...I was like a friggin walking radiator....on hindsight that could just have been pre-pubescent boys trying something funny...cheeky bastards.....
but i did...I had really really warm hands...and I liked them because my dad has warm hands...probably one of the few things I had in common with him and actually clung on to...I have half my dad's nose, inability to swim, pretty fingernails and to some point, warm hands........I have cold hands now.....I should probably learn how to swim....and I've always wanted rhinoplasty......which means 10 years from now when people ask me how I'm like my dad...character and personality aside....the only thing I can show them are my fingernails.......tell me that's not sad...

Image hosting by Photobucket

at 2:50 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cursors