Saturday, March 18, 2006

...and I breathe

After every exam here at Southampton uni, there's this thing called a feedback session......during my first term here I pictured all 209 of us gathered in a stuffy lecture theatre with a bunch of overzealous old people going over the painful ordeal that was the exam paper with a fine toothed comb......turns out in the words of Bush--( try googling "failure" and clicking I'm feeling lucky, u'll love me for it:P), I misoverestimated the system........people here where got do post-mortem one, they just go on strike.

turns out these feedback sessions involve passing 10-page forms around so that students can assess their lecturers! oh the beauty of karma ....which reminds me, right before my exam I went to the washroom, and this lady knocks on my cubicle..

woman with skirt hiked up and fishnets: *odd smile*
me with my hand on my personal alarm: omg I'm going to be the first Soton medic to be raped in a cubicle omg she's coming closer
woman with skirt still hiked up, turns around and shows undies: hi
me: screw fight or flight, my sympathetic nervous system is fucked...um hi?
woman: i caught my bracelet in my tights...could u undo me please?
me:....-_-"who ask u go and wear fishnets in the middle of winter...

I separated hand and fishnets, partly disappointed because I didnt have 'lesbian attraction' after all....but then was cheered by the fact that my good deed meant I would get 100% on both my papers:)

now where was i, my piano teacher once told me I have the attention span of a blueberry muffin..hee..yes, so I looked through the form and realized I had no idea who half the lecturers were.....so if anyone got a rating of 5/5, my guilty conscience trumps the quality of ur lectures which I am actually not too sure of considering I was probably not there...

I went to pick up some conditioner just now..John Frieda's on sale!..half price!hehe...see, its the karma from the tights...and strawberries r getting cheaper too.so I was picking grapes at Morrisons when this random guy taps me on the shoulder and says: U are Malaysian!......no, I'm from Fiji....but remembering how important it is to keep my positive energy flowing , at least till results come out, I smiled and nodded graciously.
Then he starts following me around to the bakery section and asks where I'm staying and which part of Malaysia I'm from and what course I'm doing...me having woken up 15 minutes before that stupidly did the polite thing and asked wat course he was in...turns out he's already working..but now that he perceives my early morning blurness and bad eyesight as a compliment he makes more weird small talk. By the time we reach the frozen foods section, he wants to exchange phone numbers....i falter for a bit and tell him I dont carry one...all the while praying that my phone wouldnt ring...

why can't a normal 19 yr old ask for my number...im going to die alone eaten by cats aren't i... :'(

Image hosting by Photobucket

at 10:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cursors