Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Woof

In lieu of the Lunar New Year, I thought it'd be fun to check up on my new year's resolutions--that way, if I've forgotten anything..or decided that certain things are just more possible blogged than done, I can make a whole new set...hehe...dont u just love second chances :P

1. I shall study like there's no tomorrow--constant revision baby!
I'm constant.......enough....at least I have the right idea:P

2. I shall finish assignments at least one week before the deadline--no more last minute bullshit
done 2 pages of the stuff.....considering the title itself is bullshit, I so deserve a medal for even bothering...influenza can kiss me arse

3. I shall stay awake in lectures....even if the lecturer is lulling himself to sleep
Hell Yea!!...stayed awake even during 5 hour symposia..beat that!

4. I shall turn up for Public Health lectures
negative...but then we havent had any lectures on public health :P

5. I shall learn how to ask 'open questions'
been there, done that, and on video too

6. I shall draft a budget that would make Ebenezer Scrooge proud
yep, and sticking to it is easier than i thought....I am a banker's daughter..hehe

7. I shall get a weekend job
Catering assistant...sounds fancy dunnit ;)...I get to make money..woohoo!

8. I shall go to Italy
pending.....see 6...Ebenezer would never approve of frivolities like gelatto..

9. I shall go to a friendly pub once--it's a bet..one I'm willing to lose considering a friend's future is at stake..hehe
my friend has no future...so I shall remain sober for another term

10. I shall find out what a Ramlee Burger is
soon enough..

11. I shall go back to KTJ and say a proper thank you to the Scots, the Singaporean and the lactose-intolerant one
will pay for my own ticket once I earn enough...damn I feel independent

12. I shall remember birthdays and anniversaries better
handphone calender is a godsend

13. I shall be tidier
*drumroll*....I am sooooo tidy nowadays, I vacumn my room 3 times a week, and sweep it with the little broom thing my dad got me every day ...hehe

14. I shall be less cynical....at least in public..what I think is still my business :P
I was born this way...so bite me

15. I shall eat more fish...bleh...it's supposed to be brain food
dining hall dsnt serve fish :P

16. I shall employ an 'open ear policy'...everyone is entitled to freedom of speech; should I disagree with any seemingly unfair comments, I shall bite my tongue and think happy thoughts
I quit...my tongue hurt after the first 2 days..

17. I shall stick to some kind of excercise routine...I WILL lose the ass! woohoo!
100 crunches n 100 leg lifts baby!

18. I shall appreciate what I have and complain less
I barely have time to think...so the complaining is on a decline...if not for the right reasons..

19. I shall make more effort to keep in touch with friends, old and new
affirmative:)

20. And above all, I shall enjoy life
15 pounds on a CNY eve dinner.....I think I'll stop enjoying for a while...happiness is expensive..

17 out 0f 20 seems impressive enough considering it's only February....
Oh, I pen or keyboard(?) this post a working woman...hehe...I started me new job today, think I earned me close to 20 pounds for 3 hours work.....AND I got a cute black t-shirt...AND it felt good to work at a job I found on my own.... :)

maybe this will be a good year after all...*fingers crossed n touching wood*

Image hosting by Photobucket

at 12:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cursors